We are a public accounting firm in mid-town Toronto providing a wide range of accounting, management, consulting and tax services that are reflective of the unique needs of small to medium size businesses in a wide variety of industries. We also service the unique issues faced by larger enterprises and public companies.
We are currently looking for a full-time intermediate staff accountant, who is passionate about client service, accounting, corporate and personal tax preparation, to join and grow with the firm.
- Independently complete (from start to finish) working papers and financial statements for mostly “Review” and “Notice to Reader” engagements of various sizes
- Prepare corporate, personal and trust tax returns
- Assist with and/or prepare annual T5/T4/T3 slips
- Various income tax and accounting projects, as the need arises
- Occasional travel to client offices, if and when required
- Build effective relationships with clients
- Respond and followup to client and CRA requests
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- Monitor, coach and review junior staff, if and when required
- Identify internal processes and file improvements for future assignments and share ideas with other staff members
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a Canadian Public Accounting Firm
- CPA designation (CA , CGA or CMA) is an asset, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Case Ware and Taxprep
- Familiarity with Quick books and other accounting system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to quality
- Strong file management and organization skills
- Understanding of business professionalism and an ability to work independently and as part of team
Based on qualification and experience
Please email resume and cover letter in confidence with approximate salary expectation level to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.